CUPS Cloud Print Release – Faster printing, many bugfixes
This release has many bugfixes, mostly around non-ASCII text appearing in responses from Google ( for non-English-language printers ).
This release also allows CUPS to send PDF files direct to CUPS Cloud Print, reducing the time it takes for pages to be printed ( this is most noticeable for low CPU devices, my Raspberry Pi now prints in 2-3 seconds , rather than 30+ seconds ).
- NEW: PDF now supplied to CCP via CUPS, increases printing speed.
- NEW: Default to A4 paper size in countries that use A4 paper.
- FIX: Use utf8 output for ppd, use internal option and capability hashes for names to prevent errors – should fix a lot of errors related to non-ASCII chars in capabilities.
- FIX: Removed redundant ppdc dependencies.
- FIX: Removed old PPD files, as no longer used.
- FIX: Optimise PDF generated for printing.
- FIX: Only ask once per account for prefix.
- FIX: Fixed final warnings in PPD.
- FIX: Custom printer name should now work.
- FIX: CUPS Backend etc now use source install by default.
- FIX: Add translations into cups ppd.
More information, and packages for the most common Linux distributions are available on the CUPS Cloud Print home page .
Users using repositories to install CUPS Cloud Print will receive the update automatically when updating their system next.